At IT Media Network, our values inform all our activities, including our editorial approach and our use of personal data. We are committed to safeguarding your data at all stages, from developing any IT Media Network service utilizing personal data to removing that data.
We take great care when using personal data, and below, you will find information on how we safeguard your privacy. This policy addresses a range of topics, including:
- Your rights, available choices, and our obligations in the US, UK, European Union, and other areas;
- Transparency regarding how we collect and use your personal data, including when and how it is shared;
- Details on how we protect your personal data;
- Information on how we will facilitate your rights and address any queries you may have.
If you follow links to non-apps4agile websites and services, you should review their privacy policies.
Collection of Personal Data
We do not collect certain categories of data from you, such as personal data concerning your race, political opinions, religion, health, or sexual orientation unless you provide it to us.
Our apps4agile website collect personal data based on your saved and viewed content. A list of recently viewed and saved resources and articles is also stored in your device’s local storage, but you can delete this history in the app settings. You can opt-in to receive notifications via email and the apps4agile website and manage them in the settings as well.
If you sign in to the apps4agile website using your social media accounts (Facebook, Google, or Apple), you give permission for them to share certain personal data with us, such as your name, age range, profile picture, and email address (if made public). This data is used to form a profile for your apps4agile account, but you can remove access to this data by removing the apps4agile website from your social media settings.
If you mention the apps4agile website on social media, we may collect your social media handle, and if you post publicly on our sites, your personal data (such as your username and other information) will be publicly accessible and viewable by others. We recommend avoiding sharing any identifiable information when contributing to discussions on our sites. We are not responsible for the privacy of any personal information you choose to post publicly.
We collect personal data when you:
- Become a contributor, a sponsor, or an author, or register for an account on apps4agile.com;
- Attend our events (in person and virtually);
- Enter our competitions, prize draws, bids and surveys;
- Subscribe to our newsletter or otherwise sign up for our editorial emails;
- Post in our online community;
- Post comments or otherwise comment and review content on apps4agile;
- Sign up for marketing communications;
- Use mobile devices to access our content;
- Through cookies and other similar technologies;
- When you contact us via email, social media, our website or similar technologies or when you mention us on social media;
- Provide us with feedback.
We only use personal data collected through our website if we have a valid reason and legal grounds to do so, which are determined by the purposes for which we collected your personal data.
We may use your personal data when you have given us your consent, which you can withdraw at any time. Examples of situations where we ask for your consent include:
- Sending marketing emails to you: You can withdraw your consent to receive these emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
We do not collect – nor being provided by a third party – any personal data from any of the registrations and visits beyond the apps4agile website, even if the visit originated from our website. Anything you do after leaving the apps4agile website is no longer registered by our systems.
Protection of Children’s Personal Data
Our products and services are not directed toward children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal data about children under 13 while providing our services.
Security Measures for Personal Data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized processing, accidental loss, damage, or destruction. You are responsible for selecting a secure password when prompted to set up a password to access parts of our website. It is crucial to keep your password confidential and to choose a unique password that you do not use on other sites. You should not share your password with anyone, including our staff.
Please note that transmitting any information, including personal data, via the internet is not entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit. Therefore, you provide your personal data at your own risk.
We do not share your personal data with any of the third-party companies unless explicitly stated by you in your agreement to do so. We do, however, may share some information with:
- Service providers such as the web hosting platform that helps support apps4agile.com infrastructure.
- Communications services providers, such as Mailchimp that helps with email communication.
- Service providers that help provide us with insights and analytics that help us improve our products and services, such as Google Analytics.
- Google ReCaptcha, which we use to protect our sites and apps from fraudulent users.
- Data management companies that help us collect data via online forms and surveys.
- Service providers that enable us to deliver personalized advertising to your device.
- Our advertising partners help us deliver relevant advertising across our website by using data collected through our website. For instance, we may use Google Ad Manager or equivalent to assist us with delivering relevant ads.
- We may disclose your personal data to law enforcement agencies, courts, regulators, and government authorities or in connection with legal action if required to meet a legal or regulatory obligation or to protect our rights or the rights of others. We will take reasonable steps to notify you before disclosing your data unless prohibited by law or if there are clear indications of unlawful conduct related to your use of the apps4agile services.
- With your consent, we may share your personal data with sponsors or partners for marketing purposes.
- With your consent, we may share your personal data with vendors and resource listings when you request more information.
- We may share your personal data with sponsors and partners for the purposes of selecting and notifying winners when you participate in any of our prize draws, competitions, and bids. We may also share your data with entities offering any prize you have won.
- When our web pages use social plug-ins from other organizations, such as the “Facebook Recommend” function or Twitter’s retweet function, we may share your personal data with these organizations, which may receive and use personal data about your visit to our sites or apps.
- If any organization buys or acquires all or substantially all of our assets and business, we may share your personal data with them.
We ensure that any organization accessing your data in the course of providing services on our behalf is governed by strict contractual restrictions to protect your data and comply with applicable law. We also protect your personal data when it is transferred to other countries or territories, ensuring that it is subject to appropriate safeguards.
We keep your personal data only for as long as we need it and delete or anonymize it when we no longer need it. However, we may keep your email address after you unsubscribe from marketing communications to ensure that we do not send you any marketing in the future.
How to Get in Touch with Us
We may reach out to you with service emails on occasion, such as to inform you of any issues with your account.
If we have your permission or if you haven’t opted out, we may send you marketing materials via email that we believe may be of interest to you, such as new apps4agile or partner promotions and updates.
We provide editorial newsletters. You can choose not to receive these emails at any time and can “unsubscribe” directly by clicking a link in the email.
Occasionally, we may contact you for market research purposes, such as with a survey.
Responding to Your Inquiries or Complaints
If you’ve raised an inquiry or complaint with us, we may contact you to address your inquiry or resolve your complaint.
Your Privacy and Data Protection Rights
You have certain rights with respect to the personal data that we have on record for you. You can contact us to exercise the following rights related to your personal data:
- You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data that we have on file.
- You have the right to correct any inaccurate personal data that we hold about you.
- In some cases, you may have the right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal data.
- You have the right to request that we delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. However, there may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons, which we will explain to you if they apply to your request.
- You may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
- If you previously gave us your consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at privacy(at)itmedianetwork(dot)com. We will respond to your request within one month.
We may need to verify your identity in order to process your request. If the information you provide to us does not match our records, we may request additional proof of identity from you.
If your request is complicated or if you have made multiple requests, it may take us longer than one month to respond. We will inform you if we need more time. You will not be charged a fee to obtain a copy of your personal data or to exercise any of the other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for any additional copies you request.
Visit this page to read our Terms and Conditions of Use.